Khulisa is a small, highly effective and versatile organisation fighting crime and the causes of crime. Since launching our first pilots in 2009 we have:
• Delivered over 100 programmes and workshops in schools, prisons and community settings
• Raised almost 2 million in grants and commissions
• Tripled our staffing cohort and developed a strong leadership board along with cadre of dedicated associates and volunteers
• Incorporated a mentoring programme to deepen our impact
• Gained Ministry of Justice approval for our programme design and Cabinet Office support
• Expanded our operations from London to Great Manchester, Hampshire, Gloucestershire and Wales
• Won sector and national recognition and awards
Khulisa (“to nuture”) is a UK registered charity delivering unique, powerful and creative programmes to offenders and those at-risk of crime, violence and victimisation. We also provide mentoring and through-the-gate resettlement support along with targeted youth programmes. Having originated in South Africa, programmes tested in the extremely fragile and challenging social/financial environment there have provided fresh and effective solutions to addressing crime and violence here in the UK.
We are a recognised innovator and contributor to the criminal justice sector, endorsed by 5 external academic evaluations of our work and impact.