Our Mission is to break the cycle of crime and violence by helping people to change their lives.
Our Vision is that we all face as little crime and violence as those in our safest towns.
Our Values are to:
- Guide: by restoring empathy, self-belief and self-worth
- Heal: individuals (perpetrators and victims) and communities
- Nurture: by believing all people can grow
Our Single Objective is to cut crime.
1. To bring to the UK programmes from South Africa that are proven to cut crime and adapt them to existing needs.
2. To use the evidence from the success (and failures) of our programmes to generate grants, contracts and commissions. What matters to us is cutting crime through preventing re-offending and fostering desistance, avoidance and resilience. Evidence of this impact for our funders will support embedding and expanding those programmes that are successful.
3. To work with organisational peers so that what we do works with what they do to better serve our participants and foster long-term positive outcomes.
4. To treat our people (staff, associates, volunteers and partners) as we want them to treat others. We recognise that our intellectual capital sits in a team of people that we need to nurture and develop as thoughtful, wise, calm and experienced individuals.
We aim to empower individuals with the skills and understanding they need to develop their own alternatives to violence, desist from crime, improve their futures and build stronger and safer communities. Through this work we foster empathy, personal regeneration, motivation and aspiration.
We believe that when our programmes are delivered at their full potential, our outcomes - touching on 40% reductions in violent tendencies - are significantly better than our closest rivals and that which can be achieved by many accredited programmes offered in prisons, schools and other establishments.
Our Annual Accounts are available to download here. See also our listing on the Charity Commission Website.
- Khulisa Signed Accounts 2009-10
- Khulisa Signed Year End Accounts 2010-1
- khulisa 2011-2012 year end signed accounts.pdf