Khulisa delivers a high-impact violence reduction programme called 'Silence the Violence' in adult prisons and youth offending institutions across the UK.
Through the intensive, therapeutic support and the series of pre/post programme 1:1 sessions with trained therapists, participants gain greater self-awareness and acceptance of their past actions. The programme reduces anti-social behaviour and also has long term positive effects on reducing re-offending. It is well-suited to the needs of individuals facing significant personal barriers in their lives such as serving offenders and ex-offenders hoping to re-integrate into the community.
"I have managed a number of offenders who have completed the STV programme and have seen how they have embraced the intervention and used the techniques they have learnt to improve their overall behaviour and reduce incidents of violence within the establishment” Offender Supervisor, HMP YOI Isis
The STV programme uses a unique blend of restorative techniques and trauma-informed methodologies. It is an intensive, high-impact course, made up of 10 modules usually run over 5 days, incorporating both individual and group therapy. It is followed-up with 1:1 support and can involve additional group work and/or “booster” sessions prior to release from prison. Silence the Violence is unique in that the learning is participant-led and the environment is safe, inclusive and nurturing throughout.
- Recognition of high risk situations including techniques to avoid or cope with them
- Ability to recognise the three levels of violence and greater awareness of their damaging effects
- An understanding of violence and its origins
- Improved listening skills and greater empathy for others
- Development of greater emotional intelligence
- Enhanced self-expression and self-awareness
- Improved self-care and motivation
For more information on our programmes, please contact Lisa Rowles (firstname.lastname@example.org).