A few weeks ago, our Comms and Evidence Assistant, Grace, ran the Hackney Half Marathon to raise money for Khulisa!
If, like Grace you’re interested in supporting Khulisa or have recently signed up to do a challenge or event please consider supporting Khulisa.
You don’t have to like running to raise money for Khulisa, there are several different options to do so.
Here are 5 suggestions of ways you could raise money:
- Run a race - if you are interested in putting on your running shoes, you can set up a fundraiser. This can be any distance!
- Swim - if you don’t fancy raising money on land, try doing so in water!
- Are you a foodies or perhaps a sporting challenge isn’t for you. Why not try something else, like running a coffee morning or hosting a themed dinner?
- Creating art - if you fancy getting creative, have a go making some art and holding an auction to raise money for us.
- Anything else you can think of - you can raise money doing anything you love doing.
Whatever you choose to do. Just set up a fundraiser on Give as you Live and support us.
Raising money for a cause like ours can be a hugely rewarding experience. On average it costs £1,195 to guide one young person at risk of exclusion from school through our 6-8 week programme of social and emotional support. .
For every pound we spend;
- 90p is spent preventing children from experiencing school exclusion or entering the prison system and goes towards our programmes, training, policy and influencing work.
- 9p goes towards raising funds for our work and building a financial sustainability organisation.
- 1p goes towards our governance and making sure we fulfil our legal obligations.
This means that what you raise will go a long way towards helping a young person who has experienced trauma and adversity.
The best part is, you can have fun whilst helping a good cause!
It’s very simple to set up a fundraiser. You can set one up on Give as you Live here. Here’s how:
- Set up an account - click “Fundraise for us” and fill in the details it asks for
- Set up your fundraiser - it will next take you to a page to fill in details for your fundraiser
- Start sharing with your friends and family!
If you need any help setting up a fundraiser, or would like any more information about Khulisa, you can contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for supporting us!