We at Khulisa are looking for volunteers to work with us on an ad hoc basis as we respond to the impact of Covid-19. As a small team with limited resources, we must now more than ever look to volunteers who are willing give up their free time for a good cause. If you’ve got the skills and capacity to support us, we would love to bring you into the team.
If one or more of the roles below looks like something you could support us with, please contact us with a CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- We’re looking for someone experienced with WordPress, managing existing themes and helping us utilise Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on our posts. Any experience with Google AdWords is an added bonus!
- You will be comfortable in working on an ad hoc basis and providing guidance and training to our Digital Manager.
- We’re really looking for someone who is going to advise and assure our organisation in how to make best use of the platforms we have available to us.
- You will help us prioritise changes we would like to see on our website, implementing those changes, and provide your own advice and insight to where we could be doing better.
- We’re looking for someone with experience writing online content from work shared by experts on sites run through WordPress.
- You’ll be working with our Digital Manager and supporting them in turning the expertise we have within our organisation into impactful online content that people are inspired by.
- You will be regularly writing posts for our blog on our website in line with our Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) objectives and publishing within a reasonable timeframe.
- We would expect the work to be on a fairly regular (1 to 2 posts per week) schedule.
- If you have experience in writing about wellbeing, resilience and mental health that is also a plus!
- We’re looking for a graphic designer with expertise in making infographics, short video clips and other visual content to share on social media and in our online training.
- You will be supporting our Digital Manager in transforming our existing content into short impactful visuals that really make a statement!
- If you’ve got experience using Canva, InDesign or similar graphic design products with a proven track record of creating great visuals for sharing online on our website and through our social media, we want to hear from you!
What difference will you make?
Khulisa is an award-winning charity delivering social and emotional skills development support to disadvantaged young people (11-25). Our programmes are proven to improve young people’s wellbeing, raise their aspirations and support them to make positive transitions into employment and training. Our beneficiaries are referred to Khulisa as a result of unresolved experiences of trauma, abuse and neglect, many live in poverty and most have come into contact with the criminal justice system. Since 2007, we have supported over 3,500 young people to transform their lives and to fulfil their true potential.
Now, more than ever we need to support young people who are disadvantaged and who we know will heavily impacted by this crisis.